1) Label the task you want to accomplish- such as; writing the proposal for your next book.
2) Get a piece of paper and make two columns. In the first, write down the benefits to not doing this task. In the second column, write down what the costs are to not doing the task. Ex: the benefits: If I don't write the proposal, it won't get rejected. If I don't write it, then I can feel as if the idea is great and not worry that it isn't going to really work. If I don't write the proposal then I don't have to get started on the next book. Now- the costs: If I don't write the proposal I feel behind and will miss my deadline. If I don't write it, I'll waste a lot of creative energy on an idea that isn't going anywhere. If I don't write it, I won't get the book done and I won't make any money. Next look at your list. If the benefits of procrastination out weigh the costs, then simply choose not to do the project. It's not procrastination if you choose not to do it. It's a choice. But, if the costs out weight the benefits, then go on to the next step.
3) Set a time and day you will begin the task. Ex: Tuesday at 2 p.m. Now, write down all the reasons you won't do the task at that time. (You know you'll have reasons.) Ex: I'll forget. I'll get a phone call. My kids will want something. Next- counter those reasons. Ex: I will write a note or make an e-mail alert reminding me of my time and day. I will not answer the phone and call back at 3 p.m. I will tell the kids I am working for this time and give them something to occupy them while I work-such as a nap, a video, a snack. etc.
4) Break the task up into reasonable steps so you can at least begin your task. Ex: a) Create a Word .doc for the proposal. b) Create a list of research links for the book. c) Write a simple outline. d) Write character arcs. etc.
5) Work on the task for the allotted time- starting with the simple steps. Give yourself credit for the work you have accomplished. You are no longer procrastinating. You are working toward your goal.
Let me know what you think about these simple steps and if this helps. Cheers~