Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Movie review

I haven't done a movie review in a long time, so here goes. I went to see the "Guy Flick," Real Steel with Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly. Both actors are gorgeous to watch on screen. I went into this movie thinking "oh, man, Rocky meets Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots." but surprisingly the movie hits all the right emotional cues. It suckered me in even though I knew, I knew, how the story went. I mean it's a tired plot line, right? Um, I had such a good time I wanted to stand up and cheer. I wanted to cry. I want to go see it again. It's the classic story about a down-on-his-luck boxer who has a lot to learn and has to make amends along the way to find his true potential. The story has heart and I have to say I'm not a fan of boxing, but I really enjoyed the robots smashing each other in the ring. Maybe there really is an audience for the sport of robot boxing. I think I'd go see a match or two.
My advice- go see this movie. If you have boys- take them to see it. It's a lot of fun.
If you've seen it, I'd love to hear what you think. Cheers~

3 comments:

Linda Kage said...

I've seen one trailer for this movie and I could see where they could slip in some good emotional stuff. But after your review, oooh, I would love to see it.

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Linda, I think you'll like it. Your husband will like it as well- fun date night movie. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers~

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Richard,

We are having a short color season. It seems the trees changed and then dropped all in two weeks.

Cheers~