Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Movie review

I haven't done a movie review in a long time, so here goes. I went to see the "Guy Flick," Real Steel with Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly. Both actors are gorgeous to watch on screen. I went into this movie thinking "oh, man, Rocky meets Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots." but surprisingly the movie hits all the right emotional cues. It suckered me in even though I knew, I knew, how the story went. I mean it's a tired plot line, right? Um, I had such a good time I wanted to stand up and cheer. I wanted to cry. I want to go see it again. It's the classic story about a down-on-his-luck boxer who has a lot to learn and has to make amends along the way to find his true potential. The story has heart and I have to say I'm not a fan of boxing, but I really enjoyed the robots smashing each other in the ring. Maybe there really is an audience for the sport of robot boxing. I think I'd go see a match or two.
My advice- go see this movie. If you have boys- take them to see it. It's a lot of fun.
If you've seen it, I'd love to hear what you think. Cheers~

4 comments:

Linda Kage said...

I've seen one trailer for this movie and I could see where they could slip in some good emotional stuff. But after your review, oooh, I would love to see it.

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Linda, I think you'll like it. Your husband will like it as well- fun date night movie. Thanks for stopping by. Cheers~

Amish Stories said...

I apologize for not visiting my favorite blogs lately, and i promise to do some catching-up with everyone in the next few days. We are experiencing cooler weather starting today (Thursday) and as for myself I'm looking forward to falls return to the Lancaster Pennsylvania area. And are the color of the leaves changing your your way folks as they are mine. Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful fall season that has now begun. Richard from Amish Stories

Nancy J. Parra said...

Hi Richard,

We are having a short color season. It seems the trees changed and then dropped all in two weeks.

Cheers~