Sunday, March 9, 2008

Web Marketing

For those of you kind enough to follow my Sunday words on talesofthetrade.blogspot. Thank you. But I am no longer doing the Sunday spot. It was simply too much in my already hectic world. I hope to try again later, but for now this was the right choice for me.
Someone asked me if I was on Facebook. The answer is no. Why? (For those of you who don't know, Facebook is a social networking site originally started for college students, but recently opened for the general public.) Places like Facebook and Myspace are great for finding friends and people with interests in common. Savvy PR people have invaded these sites to build on their Internet presence and sell their products.
Personally I believe Myspace is geared toward 13 year olds. Facebook geared more toward 10 to 23 year olds. While I would love for people from these age groups to read my books-you know you want to read my books, they're cool- I'm not sure I want to befriend them. That's just a little creepy. Besides, if I spend all my time on two or three blogs, myspace, facebook, this website, chat rooms, forums, etc. When would I have time to write books and live my "real" life?
The biggest thing in Internet marketing is having something to say. Something besides buy my book. Most of what I have to say is in my books. the rest is on this blog. But that doesn't mean I won't visit a chat room or two...because what I really want to know is what you have to say.

No comments: