Sunday, May 11, 2008

General chatter

This week is about reviews, popular culture and general chatter. First of all, Happy Mother's Day! Hugs to all the women out there who nuture.

I went to see the movie Smart People with Dennis Quaid and Sarah Jessica Parker. It was not funny, there was no action. It was, in fact, a character study. These were real and mostly unlikeable people who didn't change much, although the ending implied that they did. From the viewpoint of a writer who loves to watch people, it was an interesting movie. From the viewpoint of a movie goer, don't waste your money and I wouldn't even bother renting. There isn't anything entertaining going on here.

In my spare time I love to read. I just finished J.D. Robb's, Innocent in Death. I have been hooked on this murder mystery series from the first book, Naked in Death. I enjoy the gritty, edgy feel; the futuristic vibe; the relationships of the characters. Lately the series has grown a little stale, less grit, not so sexy, but Innocent worked for me. If you're a fan, pick this one up. It's an interesting read even if the killer is easily spotted.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: