Sunday, September 7, 2008

September Movie Review




Instead of writing diligently on my current work-in-progress, I ran off to see a movie. It wasn't the title that drew me--"Bottle Shock." Nor was it's impressive lack of a PR campaign. No, dear readers, it was the very fact that this movie had both Alan Rickman and Bill Pullman in it. Be still my little heart!!! (So what if these guys are older, the humor, pathos and just plain fun of watching them on screen was good enough to make me cry-more! More!)

I'm not going to tell you about the story. The story didn't matter. What matter was Bill Pullman playing a man with a dream, who attempted to make it come true against all odds and darn near failed. A man with a hippie son who was brilliant and lazy all at once.

Then there was Alan Rickman- the movie is worth the price of admission simply for the thirty second scene when Alan Rickman's character bites into a piece of extra crispy Kentucky Fried Chicken...

Oh, the pure joy of sitting in a movie theater- watching two of my favorite actors on the same screen. Yeah, I can't wait for it to come out on video so I can add it to my collection. Bravo!

1 comment:

Rowena Cherry said...

I agree. Bill Pullman is one of a select number of actors who almost unerringly choose fabulous scripts.

I saw Bottle Shock on an aeroplane. When it started, I was annoyed, because I'd been promised Mama Mia in the catalogue, but my disgust quickly changed to glee when I realized that I had Bill and Alan.