Caramel Maple Pears
gluten-free recipe of the week - this one is from Betty Crocker and one of many on my "Gluten-free Yum!" Pinterest board.
- yellow- or red-skinned pears, cored from bottom leaving stems attached
- cup caramel ice cream topping
- cup real maple syrup
- Grated lemon peel
- 1Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pears upright in cooker. (If all pears do not fit in bottom of cooker, place remaining pears suspended between 2 others in cooker.)
- 2In small bowl, mix ice cream topping and syrup; pour over pears.
- 3Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours 30 minutes.
- 4Remove pears from cooker; place upright on serving plate or in individual dessert dishes. Spoon about 1/4 cup topping mixture over each pear; sprinkle with lemon peel.